3 Nov 2014

Violet Swells Premiere New Single "Here Comes Yesterday"


Australian psych-pop darlings Violet Swells have a new single out soon, which you can hear first here!

"Here Comes Yesterday" ramps up the baroque-pop splendour of their early singles, and expands into newer areas, with twin guitars, squelchy synths and a push into more progressive territory. Chief Swell guy Ben Simms says "I've been listening to a lot more prog, and I think that has been permeating into my song writing, mixing with the three minute sunshine pop songs I usually record. Buying a synth helped to open up different ideas that I otherwise probably wouldn’t have had too.."

"Here Comes Yesterday" will be released on Mirador Records in Australia and Strong Island Recordings in the U.K.

And if you're in Australia, you can catch Violet Swells on tour in support of "Here Comes Yesterday" between November 21 and December 29 - dates and venues here.

No comments:

Post a Comment